Jenn's Blog

Memories of my tours and vacations, photos of places I've been...and other things that interest me...

Friday, March 11, 2005

Disneyworld!

The pictures may not be some of the best, but that's because I am creating a scrapbook that has all the good ones ;) But, my trip to Disney was awesome! I loved every minute of it...well, except for when I hurt my foot and ended up in a wheelchair by the end! LOL! But I have a great friend who was willing to push me around Animal Kingdom (and we got to go on the Safari twice because of it!)

Here's Cinderella's Castle. This was the first thing that really took me in. I've only really seen it in photos and on television so to see it in person, I was in awe :) My first ride was The Many Adventures of Pooh. If you don't know anything else about me, know this. I LOVE Tigger! So this was such a fun ride to start with. When we got around to the part of the ride where the song "The rain, rain, rain came down, down, down" started to play and it brought back memories of when I was a little girl. I loved that song when I was little and before I knew it, I was crying! I've never had that emotion before...such utter happiness! I just started crying and my friend, Shereen asked if I was ok and I told her they were happy tears, eventually she started crying too! By the time the ride was over, all the kids around us got off and were jumping up and down and there we were, wiping our tears and smiling.

Ah Epcot. This was my second trip to Disneyworld, the first being when I was in second grade so...Epcot was being built back then! LOL! I thought I wasn't going to enjoy it but I think it's my favorite part of the parks. It had some of the greatest rides in the park! My absolute favorite was Fast Track. I could go on that over and over and not get tired of it. Also, the soda taste testing place was really neat too. Then of course you have "the world" miniaturized so you can literally walk through England and on into France, Japan, etc. I loved my trip to France so it only seemed fitting to stop in Paris for lunch one day. I had Quiche Lorraine and I must say, it tasted just like it did in France! You pay a whole wicked lot when you go to Disney for food but it's always worth it! While we were enjoying our lunch, we looked out the window to see a street performer:


One morning, we actually got to Epcot before it opened and saw that they have an opening ceremony which is something to be witnessed in person. I've never seen a more crazed crowd! When they opened the park, it was like a pack of hungry wolves staring down their next meal. There was pushing and shoving and people were running like the rides were going to get up and leave if they didn't get there asap!

MGM Studios was another cool place. I bought a lot of fun things there. Here's Shereen posing in front of Aerosmith's Rockin' Roller Coaster. This was a great ride that we went on more than once! We liked it so much we bought the photo that they take of you while you're on the ride. Beats me where it is though! LOL! I'd really like to put it in my scrapbook but I guess I'll have to do a search for it.

This ride was amazing! Neither of us had any idea what to expect when we sat down in that elevator. Based on The Twilight Zone's episode, The Tower of Terror takes you literally into the story. There's no way to describe the beginning of this ride except that pretty much everyone on the ride with us went "Woah cool!" at the same time. Then when the door opens and you look out over MGM, you realize your life is about to end! Before you can react to the height, the elevator drops and lifts at such a pace that you are lifted off the seat! My purse was hovering in front of my face every time we dropped! Oh yea, you drop more than once! Definately a cool ride but not for the weak :)

How could I end my post without a picture of my favorite character?! Tiggers are wonderful things!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home